Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 2

So today's only the 2nd day into my 90 day challenge and I was already feeling the desire to give up and cave into my cravings of donutty deliciousness and fries.  Fortunately though I held strong and didn't give in.  Yeppers, I stuck to the apple, egg whites, tuna, oatmeal, carrots, broccoli, and protein shake I had prepared for the day.  There's a real sense of accomplishment in just eating the right foods I planned out the night before.  Instead of beating myself up for giving in and cheating on my meal plan I can't help but to praise myself for a job well done.  Granted this is only day 2, but I feel terrific.  Feeling such positive feelings flowing through my head will definitely help me during this challenge so I'm looking forward to more days like this one.
Today I spent the better part of my day (shh, don't tell my boss) surfing the internet for healthy food recipes.  I'm not much of a cook, in fact I don't cook hardly at all, but after seeing so many yummy looking healthy (and somewhat easy too) recipes I headed to the store on my way home from work to buy a few ingredients to get started.  Unfortunately I ran out of time this evening to get some whole wheat biscuits going (that's going to be my first recipe I create), but plan to make them tomorrow.  I'll let you know how they turned out, but I'm feeling pretty confident since the recipe doesn't appear to be too difficult.  Nonetheless though, cross your fingers for me.  :)
Happy to report:  2 days down, only 88 more to go.
Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment