Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Days 6-15

I know what you must be thinking.  Wow, she only made it 5 days and already crapped out on this little challenge of hers.  I'm proud to say that is not the case.  I'm still off sugar and haven't eaten out and am still going strong.  I just took a break from blogging since I didn't have anything much to say.  Well to update you on my progress....
 I feel great!  The first week was pretty miserable.  I had the worst headaches and pretty horrible stomachaches.  After doing a bit of research I realized my body was going through with drawls.  The pain and uncomfortableness ended around day 6 and I've felt fabulous ever since.  There's a real sense of empowerment knowing (even though I of course still have cravings for sugary deliciousness) I haven't given into temptations that have come my way.  In the short 2 weeks I've been doing this challenge I've been offered the following (and these aren't from individuals that know about my challenge and are trying to sabotage my efforts):  donuts, bagels from Einsteins, a Twix candy bar, donuts (yes, again) and cookies.  These offerings were from co-workers and mind you only one of these tasty treats was for an event.  All the others were from individuals bringing them into the office to share with everyone.  While the sentiment is nice, the unforgiving weight gain is not.  Had I not been doing this little challenge of mine I can guarantee I would have sampled each and every yummy treat.  It was a real eye opener to me how little I realized that I was often being offered sugary treats and never saying, "no thanks".  We always like to say, "Well I only have one birthday a year" or "Christmas only comes once a year" or "Thanksgiving is just one day a year."  Take a second to think about how many "once a year" events you allow yourself to overindulge.  Pretty shocking, eh?  While I know the value of a great piece of chocolate cake, I'm learning it shouldn't be part of my weekly diet.  Otherwise how will I attain the goals I've set for myself to have a Jillian Michaels type of physique? 
Just to give you an idea of how I'm able to stay on track, here are a few things I've been doing.  I eat 6 times a day.  I have a protein and a carb with every meal.  I make sure my meals don't exceed 300calories.   I eat every 2-3 hours so I don't get in starvation mode and eat everything in sight.  After my last meal of the night I immediately brush my teeth.  It puts me in bedtime mode so I won't eat after that.  If I still feel pretty hungry I'll pop in some Extra sugar free gum.  It curves any cravings for sweets and makes me fill full.  So far I feel great about my efforts and am already starting to see some results.  One is that I'm 5lbs lighter on my scale.  We all know what weight loss means right?  SHOPPING SPREE!  Shh, don't tell my hubby I said that. 
Overall I'm extremely pleased with my determination and efforts.  I'm confident I'm going to get through challenge and am more confident that come day 91 I'll carry these habits over permanently.

15 days down, only 75 more to go.

Until tomorrow.....or until I have more to say next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment